HOW WE ARE KEEPING YOUR CHILDREN SAFE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Do not send your child to AliCaT if they are feeling unwell, especially if a family member or someone in your household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms, has tested positive or are self-isolating.
CONDITIONS AND GUIDELINES
Our first priority will be to ensure that we offer training safely, and we will adhere to guidance about health and safety measures, social distancing, and provide wellbeing support so that the students can engage fully in the creative process via blended learning delivery.
As a support measure, students should expect that in 2020/21 academic classes and teaching may be offered online so that core practical rehearsals, workshop/technical activity, and performances can primarily be managed onsite. (Practical activities will be assessed at all times).
1. Once you have accepted a place at AliCaT, an online registration form must be completed for ‘contact tracing’ purposes.
2. For AliCaT terms and conditions please visit alicat-terms-and-conditions
3. The registration form must be kept up to date, any changes or edits required please email (email@example.com) asap.
4. AliCaT Fees are to be paid online only through BACS/PayPal. An invoice will be emailed to you with details on how to pay. No cash or cheques can be exchanged during the current climate. Please help us to keep our costs down by paying promptly.
ARRIVING AT ALICAT
1. All adults/parents and students are kindly asked to maintain social distancing when arriving at our venue.
2. The doors to the theatre will be open 15 minutes before class start times, please wait outside or in your car until then.
3. Entry will be through the glass double doors which will remain open until all participants have arrived.
4. Should students need to exit before class begins a one way system will be in operation.
5. No parents/carers are permitted to enter the building unless in an emergency where face masks must be worn.
6. All students will be required to register upon arrival in the foyer, have their temperature taken with an infrared thermometer and wash or sanitise their hands.
7. All students must wear a visor upon entry to the auditorium (initially provided by AliCaT). If a visor breaks or is damaged a replacement will need to be purchased for a small fee. These visors will be kept on site and sanitised between classes.
8. All students must arrive in comfortable suitable clothing as changing in the theatre will not be allowed.
9. All students will be allocated a ‘safe’ space to keep personal possessions within the foyer area.
10. Please ensure your child only brings essential possessions to AliCaT (such as water, script or a snack for break and any medical needs).
WHAT THE CLASSES WILL LOOK LIKE
1. All students will have an allocated 2 sq metre floor mark in line with social distancing.
2. To minimise risk, students will stay in their allocated class ‘bubbles’ during their time at AliCaT.
3. Frequent hand washing or hand sanitisation will be undertaken by all students upon entry, between disciplines, before and after break and toilet visits, and upon exit.
4. Hand sanitisers will be in each class and the main entrance.
5. Signage regarding hand washing / sanitising / respiratory hygiene and social distancing will be displayed around the venue.
6. Non essential items (such as props and costumes) will not be used for the time being.
7. Students will be encouraged to cough or sneeze using the inside of their elbow to ‘catch it’ or a tissue which should be put into a bin bag (the bins are located around the theatre and foyer) which will be sealed and disposed of after each session.
8. ‘Leaders of the week’ will be assigned on the class day to register the students and confirm sanitising schedules.
9. ‘Leaders of the week’ will assist in alerting students to stay two metres apart in class and the foyer.
10. In the event of a child absent from class due to Covid-19, we can provide a video link for continuity of learning and inclusion.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALICAT
1. Where possible ‘Teaching’ will be kept to a 2 metre distance. If this is not possible a mask will be worn in addition to the visor.
2. Weather permitting and where possible AliCaT will make use of the outdoor parking facilities at Backwell Playhouse to provide safe teaching.
3. The theatre will have floor markings to assist students in recognising the social distancing needed, as will the foyer.
4. Our toilet policy has been modified to incorporate social distancing (one child at a time monitored in and out – they must wash their hands or use hand sanitiser upon exiting the toilet).
5. All toilets will have tissues and paper towels – these tissues and towels must be disposed of immediately after use.
6. There will be no ‘tuck shop’ available for the time being.
DEPARTING THE VENUE
1. Exit will be through the glass double doors which will remain open until all participants have left the building. Please note that we may need to stagger departure times to ensure social distancing is maintained.
2. Adults/Parents must not enter the building – we respectfully request that you stay in your vehicle when collecting your child.
3. The whole theatre venue will be deep cleaned after every class.
For any parents wishing to discuss any concerns or general enquiries about AliCaT, please text/telephone or send an email to request a private appointment: Ali 0791 762 6388 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If for any reason, we are unable to deliver our classes at Backwell Playhouse, we will be offering replacement classes delivered via an online platform such as Zoom where available.
2. We are following all the advice and guidance from Public Health England. AliCaT will review this advice regularly and implement any requirements as the situation changes.
3. As we enter 2020/21, AliCaT will follow all revised audience capacity guidelines from the Government. If this impacts on the Parents/Family relations significantly, meaning low audience participation, AliCaT will record all performances in ‘High Definition Video’ for your own personal enjoyment.
NOTIFICATION OF ABSENCE/SICKNESS
1. Please inform us immediately of the reason for absence.
2. More importantly you should let us know if you are absent due to contracting Covid-19, self-isolating or have care responsibilities resulting from Covid-19.
3. For any student needing additional support because of sickness please text/telephone or send an email to request a private appointment: Ali 0791 762 6388 or email@example.com
WHERE CAN I RECEIVE THE MOST UP-TO-DATE PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE?
1. NHS Direct can be reached via phoning 111
2. Public Health England is publishing daily updates on its website.
3. The Department for Education has set up a dedicated Covid-19 (Coronavirus) helpline for any queries related to schools and other educational establishments in England. It is open Monday – Friday between 9am and 5pm: 0800 046 8687.
4. UK Government Information. Find out the number of cases and risk levels in the UK, and what the government is doing about the virus.
I have taken every precaution in the preparation of this document. However, if anything is not clear or you need further clarification, please let me know.
Alison Milton-Riddiford (Owner – AliCaT Children and Theatre)